It has been almost a month since my last blog post and I am finally back! The month of December was spent catching up with family and friends and eating lots of food so I did not have much time to sit down and write a blog post. I have lots of favourite memories from 2014 and lots of favourite products and today I have narrowed them down to share with you. (All of the photos in this post were found on pinterest and google)
FOOD + DRINK
1) CACAO POWDER: This one deserves to be first. Cacao powder literally changed my life. I am a huge sugar addict, especially chocolate, and never found any alternatives to kill my addiction. But, after buying cacao powder and trying out different recipes, I am never looking back. With cacao powder you can bring the chocolatey flavour to recipes but it is sugar free and filled with antioxidants and minerals (I know dark chocolate is too, but it still has sugar in it so cacao is a great alternative) My fav things to make with cacao powder are: ice cream, fudge,chocolate protein balls and “chocolate” pancakes.
2) Green Tea: In 2014, I fell in love….with green tea. I think I am a little late to hop of this band wagon, but better late than never. I don’t drink coffee (call me crazy) and I often need a pick me up in the morning. The brand of green tea that I drink (TAZO) has a small amount of caffeine in it, so it usually does the trick. Not only that, but green tea has ALOT of health benefits (good for digestion, depression, the heart and MANY MORE THINGS). If you did not drink it in 2014, you should start in 2015.
3) GREEN SMOOTHIES: I LOVED green smoothies in 2014 (and still do). I had one almost everyday because it is a great way to add more fruit and veg to your diet. In mine i would have: SPINACH, MANGO, BANANA, ALMOND MILK, HEMP HEARTS and CHIA SEEDS. It is the best smoothie ever and it gives you lots of energy.
1) XHIT DAILY- I workout from home, and sometimes it can be hard to find motivation. I always turn to youtube to get inspiration and motivation to workout and I stumbled upon XHIT daily in 2014 and have fallen in love with their channel. They have workouts that can be done at home, with minimal equipment and space. Some youtube channels for working out do not have as much selection as XHIT daily so i really recommend this channel to anyone else who workouts from home.
Here is an example of one of their videos:
2) MLACETONESUP- This is an instagram account run by Marissa Lace. For me, this was a favourite in 2014 because she has posts related to working out and clean eating. What sets her apart from some of the other fitness instagram accounts out there, is her motivational posts and realistic goals. You should check her out if you are looking for inspiration. You can also find her on youtube. Check it out down below.
1) EAU GOOD WATER BOTTLE: Okay, this one is kind of cheating because I got it at the end of 2014, but i had to include it. My brother got this for me for Christmas and I have been LOVING IT. Basically, it is a water bottle that uses charcoal as a filter. The charcoal, which is used in Japan as a water purifier, helps to reduce chlorine and balance the pH. I already drink tons of water, but this has helped me drink even more because it REALLY does make tap water taste better. This will help you ditch plastic water bottles!!!
2) MAGNESIUM: I probably talk about magnesium WAY too much, but i really love it. If you read my blog (or are one of the people that has to listen to me talk about it in person 24/7), you can find a lot more information on it so I will keep this short and sweet: GO OUT AND GET MAGNESIUM SPECIFICALLY IN POWDER FORM.
Click here to see the Magnesium that I use
3) DAMN DELICIOUS: This is a website run by Chungah. It features simple recipes with fresh ingredients and I have been blown away after making her recipes (photo below taken off of Chungah’s website)
Check it out: here
4) PINTEREST- Again…I am probably really late on this ( I feel like people have been using pinterest for ages) But, my love for pinterest really developed in 2014. It has given me so much inspiration for this blog. I go on there to find healthy recipes and am never let down. Eating healthy can sometimes be a challenge because it is hard to get creative and spice things up. On pinterest you can find such cool and unique recipes and it makes healthy eating FUN and EXCITING.
4) Don’t sweat the small stuff: This is a book and while it may seem weird to add that in my health and fitness blog, it really relates to mental health and well being. Basically this is a book that is dedicated to helping you not let the little things take over your life. I highly encourage everyone to check out this book because it has really changed my reaction/stress level in certain situations.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for some more exciting content in 2015,